Now mind you, I’m not complaining (much) but there is a flip side to the beaches and tasty beverages.
Nothing worth doing is easy!
Refrigeration compressor base failed (after 16 years).
- Had to wait a week for new part and pay off Spanish customs!!
- Should have invested in an ice factory given our purchases while waiting for the new part! Temps in the high 80s and low 90s
- Had to take a ton of “stuff” off the front of the engine to swap old for new part.
- New part requires different size belts.
- You know. All the normal cruising stuff….
I’m assuming you did not run out of beer…
I don’t own a boat but I’ve been learning a little online and I totally get you Jim. One thing I learnt was being a boat owner and sailing was definitely not passive and there is never a shortage of things to do, fix or maintain.